Internal Audit Division
Internal Audit Division of the Buddhist and Pali University of Sri Lanka functioning under the Assistant Internal Auditor who is directly reported and responsible to the Vice-Chancellor of the university.
Internal Audit Division is carried out an independent appraisal functions to examine and evaluate university activities as a service to university management. The Internal Audit Division will report on the adequacy of internal controls, the accuracy and propriety of transactions, the extent to which assets are accounted for and safeguarded and the level of compliance with institutional policies and government laws and regulations.
Objectives of Internal Audit
The main objectives of Internal Audits are clearly mentioned under FR 133(I). Internal audit is a supporting process to enhance the operational process and overall performance of the organization.
Functions and scope of the work of Internal Audit Division
The scope of the Internal Audit has been mentioned in F.R 133(2) and management circulars.
The functions of the Internal Audit in relation to financial operations of a department comprise the following:
- Ascertaining whether the system of internal check and control obtaining in the department for the prevention of errors and frauds is effective in design as well as in actual operation.
- Ascertaining the reliability of the accounting and other records and seeing that the accounting methods employed provides the information necessary for the preparation of correct financial statement.
- Appraising the quality of performance of staff in carrying out the responsibilities assigned to them.
- Ascertaining the extent to which the department’s assets are safeguarded from losses of all kinds.
- Ascertaining whether the Establishments Code, Financial Regulations of Government and other supplementary instructions issued from time to time by the Ministry in charge of the subject of Public Administration and by the Treasury are being followed.
- Ascertaining the effectiveness of the system of internal control adopted in preventing, as well as detecting waste, idle capacity and extravagance.
- Examining the accounting procedure of the department and its operations which have any financial implications, and verifying the safety, economical and proper use of property and assets of the department.
- Carrying out special investigations when necessary.
- Other Activities:
- Replying Audit quarries raised by National Audit Office
- Preparation of replies for the Audit reports
- Co-ordination of the activities of the meeting of Committee on Public Enterprises(COPE)
- Arrange Audit and Management Committee Meetings
- Conducting Pre-Audits
B.Com (Special) Hon (USJ)
Designation: Assistant Internal Auditor
Official Telephone: +9411-2857521, Ext:1130
Personal Telephone: +9471-7516044
Residence Telephone - +94112042092
Email Address: email@example.com
|Mr. G.M. Nuwan Gajasinghe
Audit Assistant Grade II
|Mr. A.G. Rasika Pradeep Wimalarathne
Works Aide Grade III
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
පශ්චාද් උපාධි පාඨමාලා සඳහා සිසුන් ලියාපදිංචි කිරීම/ registration for postgraduate degree studies - 2024
මෙම විශ්වවිද්යාලය මග�...
ශාස්ත්රවේදී (සාමාන්ය) බාහිර උපාධිය සඳහා ලියාපදිංචි කිරීම/registration of candidates for bachelor of arts (general) external degree - 2024
ශ්රී ලංකා බෞද්ධ හා පා�...
Calling applications from new candidates for certificate and diploma courses - 2024/ 2025
ශ්රී ලංකා බෞද්ධ හා පා�...
ප්රතිඵල නිකුත් කිරීම - issuing results - march/ april 2023
2023 මාර්තු/ අප්රේල් පැව�...
අභ්යන්තර විභාග සඳහා අයදුම්පත් කැඳවීම / calling applications for internal examinations - nov/ dec - 2023
2023 නොවැම්බර්/ දෙසැම්බර�...
ලිඛිත පරීක්ෂණය පැවැත්වෙන දිනය සංශෝධනය වීම දැනුම්දීමයි
කළමනාකරණ සහකාර II ශ්රේ�...