About the University
Buddhist and Pali University of Sri Lanka
To be the foremost and the best Buddhist University in the world
To endow unto the world, erudite Dhammaduthas (Missionaries of the Dhamma) and scholars, disciplined through mastery of the Buddhadhamma, the Pali Language and allied subjects, accomplished in varied skills capable in promoting and fostering the philosophy of life, refulgent with the doctrine of the Buddha in Sri Lanka and abroad.
Objectives of the Buddhist and Pali University of Sri Lanka
The objectives that were fundamental to the establishment of the University in terms of the Buddhist and Pali University of Sri Lanka Act No. 74 of 1981 as amended by the Buddhist and Pali University of Sri Lanka Act No. 37 of 1995:-
- The training of scholars in the Buddhist Doctrine and Discipline for the purpose of the dissemination of Buddhism and nurturing of Buddhist missionary activities in Sri Lanka and abroad.
- The promotion of the study of the Pali Language, Buddhist Culture and Buddhist Philosophy in Sri Lanka and abroad, and the enhancement of those studies as befitting the modern world trends.
- The training of the student monks and the lay male students to teach Buddhism and Pali Language in the Pirivenas, Schools and in similar institutions.
- The provision of facilities to maintain and promote courtesy and civility and mental discipline among the student monks and the lay male students.
- Any other matter connected with or ancillary to the above objectives
දහම් සරසවිය බුද්ධ ධර්ම උසස් ඩිප්ලෝම පරීක්ෂණය 2018 (පළමු වසර)
දහම් සරසවිය බුද්ධ ධර්ම...
"සාහිත්ය සංකතන 2019 "
ශ්රී ලංකා බෞද්ධ හා පා�...
"දේශපාලනය තුල ආගම හා ආගම තුල දේශපාලනය"
සමය අධ්යයන හා තුලනාත්...
Buddhist and Pali University of Sri Lanka will entertain app...
" සමාජ ප්රශ්න නිරාකරණයෙහි ලා ප්රජා නායකයෙකුගේ භූමිකාව "
බෞද්ධ සංස්කෘතික අධ්ය�...
Foreign candidates university admission – academic year 2019/2020
Applications are invited up to 30.08.2019 from eligible fore...